THE JOURNAL OF BONE AND JOINT SURGERY
Last Modified and Effective As Of September 30, 2017
The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (“JBJS”).
- Copyright Ownership and Permitted Use. Unless otherwise indicated, the content available through the Services is protected by copyright and may be used only in accordance with copyright and other applicable laws. Content available through the Services is for your personal noncommercial use.
- Trademark Ownership. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc., JBJS logo design, and JBJS, and JBJS Clinical Classroom (“JBJS Trademarks”) are trademarks of JBJS. Any use of JBJS Trademarks in connection with the sale, offering for sale, distribution, or advertising of any goods or services, which is likely to cause confusion, to cause mistake, or to deceive, is strictly prohibited.
- Web Site Modifications and Availability. JBJS will make reasonable efforts to keep the Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, owing to technical failures, routine maintenance, or other unforeseen circumstances, availability may be limited and JBJS will not be responsible for the non-availability of the Services. JBJS reserves the right to modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, all or any part of the Services at any time.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability. The Services are intended for educational, research, self-study, and reference purposes only. The Services are not intended to substitute for the exercise of professional judgment by the user. Medical science and clinical practice is ever-changing. Users, whenever possible, are advised to confirm the information available from the Services through independent sources. The information available through the Services should not be substituted for the advice or judgement of a qualified health care professional. Do not disregard or avoid professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of materials made available through the Services. JBJS makes no warranty that the operation of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free or as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or result obtained from the use of the Services or any content included therein. YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL JBJS, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE INABILITY TO USE, OR THE USE OF OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES OR WILL THE LIABILITY OF JBJS EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO JBJS, EVEN IF JBJS IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES
- International Use. The Services are controlled and operated within the United States of America. JBJS makes no representation that the Services or Content made available through the Services are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you access the Services from outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Endorsements. Descriptions of, references to, or links to other products, publications, or services does not imply endorsement of any kind unless expressly stated by JBJS.
- Login Security & Registration Information. Sharing login information for the Services is strictly prohibited. Where registration is involved for the use of a Service, you agree to provide valid and truthful information.
- Copyright Complaints. JBJS respects the intellectual property ownership rights of others. If you believe your work has been reproduced in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us by following the instructions in our notice about making claims of copyright infringement.